All of us at Frause were so excited about starting a blog; we spent hours fighting over who would be responsible for the content. We drew straws, played rock paper scissors, even thumb wrestled for the honor. It turns out our interns have some strong thumbs (not to mention opinions). They also have the best opportunity to provide a “fly on the wall” look into the workings of Frause. Without further ado, we present Frause – through the eyes of our interns!

Friday, December 12, 2008

Bon Voyage!

It’s hard to believe that three months have passed by so quickly, but next week will be my last at Frause. When I started my internship back in September, it seemed as though I had all the time in the world to experience life at an agency, but in the blink of an eye, I find myself at the end of my journey with Frause.

My internships prior to Frause prepared me with event planning skills, computer skills and a glimpse of life in healthcare. My experience with Frause was the first time I was able to see life at a PR agency. During my internship, I got to see how we take care of our clients behind the scenes. I was not out roping in new clients or landing stories on the front page, but I was able to participate in the administrative work that all our clients’ need.

One of the most valuable skills I will leave with is the understanding of how to effectively pitch a story to various media outlets and the best way to follow up with individuals after the pitch. That is one skill I had not learned with my previous internships. I also feel like I have learned to manage my time more effectively. Agency life requires you to be dedicated to multiple clients and meet multiple deadlines at a time.

When I look forward to the future, I am not sure where I see myself. I know I want to continue my career in PR and communications, but I am also drawn to the marketing aspects of a company. Regardless of where I end up, I am grateful for my experiences with Frause. Not only am I leaving with new skills, but I now understand how life at an agency works. Frause has played a key role in my journey towards finding the right career for me.

It is now time to continue on my career path. While I do not know where it leads, I am excited for the ride! I would like to thank everyone at Frause for helping me along this journey, and I hope we meet again. Bon Voyage!
-Heidi Gill

No comments: