All of us at Frause were so excited about starting a blog; we spent hours fighting over who would be responsible for the content. We drew straws, played rock paper scissors, even thumb wrestled for the honor. It turns out our interns have some strong thumbs (not to mention opinions). They also have the best opportunity to provide a “fly on the wall” look into the workings of Frause. Without further ado, we present Frause – through the eyes of our interns!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Farewell, Frause!


Thirteen weeks ago, I began my internship at Frause with a to-do list. Over the weeks, that list grew and grew, until it became three notebooks worth of completed tasks. Looking back at some of my lists, it is clear that the Frause team valued my work. I wasn’t just getting coffee for people or taking notes at meetings- I was a part of a team that respected my ideas and opinions. Seeing as I began this blog with a post about lists, I thought it would only be fitting to end on the same note. So, as a farewell, I present to you the list of my top ten moments at Frause:

1. Going to the Sounders game with the Frause team. I still don’t know all the rules of soccer, but I certainly got to know my coworkers a lot better that night.

2. Attending a PRSA meeting with Erika Schmidt. The meeting about video in social media was outstanding, but the most valuable part of the night was being able to learn more about the industry from Erika, a definite PR pro.

3. Watching Frause grow with more team members. Since my time here, we have welcomed a new Assistant Account Executive, Anthony Matlock, and a new Vice President, Natalie Price!

4. Morning meetings. Although I was particularly fond of Word Wednesdays, it was fun to connect with the team every morning over breakfast and video chat with the Portland office.

5. Working for a client, from start to finish. This is a rare opportunity for any intern, and I learned plenty, from building media lists to pitching journalists over the phone.

6. Dog Doogity. Need I say more? Hands-down, this was the most fun campaign I have ever witnessed.

7. Incorporating my love of the environment and food through working with Little Water Cantina, whose building is in the process of receiving LEED Platinum certification.

8. Writing and implementing a social media plan for Frause's Facebook and Twitter accounts with the Frause social media team.

9. Writing creative briefs for clients. Sure, this is a common project assigned in school, but it was exciting to write a creative brief for new marketing materials and being able to see the finished product.

10. Getting to know all of the members of the Frause team. Everyone has very distinct personalities, but together, they make Frause the ultimate work environment.

- Emily Nauseda

1 comment:

Frause said...

Emily. Thanks again for all that you did for the agency and our clients. You were a rock star. Have a great senior year. Bob