All of us at Frause were so excited about starting a blog; we spent hours fighting over who would be responsible for the content. We drew straws, played rock paper scissors, even thumb wrestled for the honor. It turns out our interns have some strong thumbs (not to mention opinions). They also have the best opportunity to provide a “fly on the wall” look into the workings of Frause. Without further ado, we present Frause – through the eyes of our interns!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Frause Mavens

When I was younger, I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up. One year I aspired to be a judge, the next, a paleontologist and the next, a firefighter. The thrill was less about the jobs, and more about learning all I could about them. As I went through high school with no career path to call my own, I realized what I loved most was learning. Knowing I couldn’t be a student forever, I sought a new way to parlay learning into a career and found public relations.


Since public relations firms tend to represent a wide variety of clients, I get to learn about trends in many different industries, and share my knowledge and ideas to benefit others. As Malcolm Gladwell describes in his book The Tipping Point, I get to be a maven — an information broker who shares and trades what they know. As an intern at Frause, I am learning about these ever-changing industries from the pros. But who do they learn from? This week, I wanted to showcase the “must read” blogs and publications that the Frause team uses to get their news:

Sustainability: GreenBiz
Restaurants: Eater Seattle
Built Environment: Seattle’s Daily Journal of Commerce
Social Media: Mashable
Local Government: Crosscut
Graphic Design: HOW Design
Real Estate: Curbed Seattle

Can’t get enough? You can always check out the Frause professional blog to see what the office is buzzing about!

-Emily Nauseda

No comments: