All of us at Frause were so excited about starting a blog; we spent hours fighting over who would be responsible for the content. We drew straws, played rock paper scissors, even thumb wrestled for the honor. It turns out our interns have some strong thumbs (not to mention opinions). They also have the best opportunity to provide a “fly on the wall” look into the workings of Frause. Without further ado, we present Frause – through the eyes of our interns!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Creative Class

Here at Frause, we’re a full spectrum agency, which means that we go above and beyond traditional PR to bring clients services in branding, social media, website and graphic design and much more. Seattle is such a perfect fit for our agency because of the rising creative class in our population. As originally described by author and researcher Richard Florida, the creative class is driven, innovative, individualistic and yes- very creative. Frause is composed of many of these innovative minds, but I wanted to highlight one person in particular this week.


Meet Katy Harrison, a rising star in the design world. Since my time began here at Frause, I have seen Katy produce amazing work. Need an example? Look no further than the Dog Doogity website, which she designed and created. She even hand-drew the Dog Doogity dance movies which can be downloaded on the site. When she’s not doodling in her notepad, Katy told me she finds inspiration from simple things. As we were sitting in a mediocre restaurant frequented by the downtown lunch scene, Katy pointed out small details I failed to notice. She showed me the blue ombré color effect of each tile on the wall, and the resourceful way the restaurant used baskets turned upside-down as lamps. Suddenly my lunch spot seemed a lot more upscale.

As an intern, I find so much to learn from the people I work with here, but I chose to write about Katy in particular not only because I have always been fascinated by design, but also because she, too, was a Frause intern!

-Emily Nauseda

No comments: