All of us at Frause were so excited about starting a blog; we spent hours fighting over who would be responsible for the content. We drew straws, played rock paper scissors, even thumb wrestled for the honor. It turns out our interns have some strong thumbs (not to mention opinions). They also have the best opportunity to provide a “fly on the wall” look into the workings of Frause. Without further ado, we present Frause – through the eyes of our interns!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hello Frause!

Hi everyone, my name is William Tsang and I’m a marketing major at Seattle University. During my time there, I’ve taken many marketing courses, from Consumer Behavior to Market Research and International Marketing. However, I have never taken a specific course on advertising or public relations, subjects I’ve always wanted to be more knowledgeable of. My major is a broad one, and it has given me the chance to explore many of the various channels within the public-facing side of business, but until my internship at Frause, PR and advertising were pretty much foreign worlds to me.

When I began the search for a new internship this quarter, I had three goals in mind. I wanted to be somewhere with a tight-knit company culture involved in marketing or a related field. I also wanted a fun environment where the people had a passion for what they did. After interviewing at multiple agencies, I knew Frause was where I wanted to be.

When I started my internship here at the Frause office in Seattle, I was ready to be immersed in all that the public relations world has to offer. From writing effective press releases to assisting the account executives, I began to absorb the language and contribute something of my own; I worked to become part of the agency’s creativity and insightfulness.

One of the things I’ve learned at Frause is that as long as you’re working hard and have good intentions, mistakes are not bad things. I have learned that there is nothing more important than asking questions and asking if assistance is needed on additional projects. The individuals at the agency could have not been more welcoming as I got a chance to meet with each one and learn their specific focuses and backgrounds.

I have another month left here at Frause and I am still learning more that I ever have before.

No comments: