All of us at Frause were so excited about starting a blog; we spent hours fighting over who would be responsible for the content. We drew straws, played rock paper scissors, even thumb wrestled for the honor. It turns out our interns have some strong thumbs (not to mention opinions). They also have the best opportunity to provide a “fly on the wall” look into the workings of Frause. Without further ado, we present Frause – through the eyes of our interns!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

So Long, Farewell

As I begin my final days at Frause, I can’t help but look back to the beginning of this amazing internship-- the days when I had no idea what a media list was, how to work the copier, or how important a cup of coffee can be. I have grown so much over the last 10 weeks. I feel as though I am leaving Frause with more professional skills and more experience than I ever expected.


Frause has given me such an awesome opportunity to get my foot in the door of the business and communications world, and I could not be more grateful. Thousands of college students take on internships every summer, but surely not all are blessed with an experience like mine. I hear stories from my friends about spending hours filing papers, going on endless coffee runs or licking 400 envelopes during their internships. Though I have done my fair share of this classic intern work, I have also been able to help the company and its clients in positive, influential ways. How many interns get to say they have written press releases, sat in on a new client meeting or worked with a client on a talk show? Not many.

When I begin my sophomore year next Monday, I know school will be harder and classes will begin becoming more specific to my major. But no classes will ever be able to teach me more about PR and communications than Frause has in these 10 short weeks.

One of the things I have enjoyed most throughout this internship has been writing for the Frause intern blog. It has been such a great opportunity for me to write about my interests and document my experience here. I encourage all of the blog readers to continue reading the next intern’s work because it truly is a “fly on the wall” view of how awesome Frause is.

- Katie Sells

No comments: