All of us at Frause were so excited about starting a blog; we spent hours fighting over who would be responsible for the content. We drew straws, played rock paper scissors, even thumb wrestled for the honor. It turns out our interns have some strong thumbs (not to mention opinions). They also have the best opportunity to provide a “fly on the wall” look into the workings of Frause. Without further ado, we present Frause – through the eyes of our interns!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Reflections From the First Day




Walking down the sunny streets of Seattle on my way to lunch this afternoon I realized just how fortunate I am to be working in such a beautiful city and for such a unique company. Being the new intern here at Frause I thought I would take this opportunity to introduce myself…

My name is Michael Scigliano (don’t worry about the last name, it’s impossible to pronounce) and I just wanted to thank everyone for the exceptionally warm welcome I have received thus far. It has made working here quite the easy transition! Having spent the last two years in Walla Walla at Whitman College and most of my life trapped in suburbia, the hustle and bustle of the city is the perfect new environment for me to explore and sharpen my interests and to also have a remarkable summer.

I realized a few things on my way to work today. First, there is a bus stop right around the corner from my beat-up bungalow in Wallingford. In fact, there seems to be a bus stop on virtually every corner of this city. That may not impress a veteran city-slicker but cheap, efficient public transportation definitely beats sharing a ’99 Jeep Cherokee with my mother (flashback to high school).

Second, everyone said “hello” to me on the bus this morning. Having spent a lot of time visiting my dad in Manhattan, my natural reaction was to suspiciously eye everyone down while quietly transferring my wallet to my front pocket. The weird thing is, no one even tried to mug me. They just goofily smiled at me, expressing their Northwest penchant to be really, really, ridiculously nice!

The last thing I realized was how sweet (crossing my fingers) this internship is going to be. The office is amazing – it kind of reminds me of one of those hi-tech industry studios where everyone longboards to and from work. The coffee is great (props to Georgi), the views from the conference room are spectacular, and the people have been warm and welcoming.

I may be new to the PR industry, but I am ready to learn and excited to be a part of the Frause family. More blogs are on their way…
-Michael Scigliano

No comments: