All of us at Frause were so excited about starting a blog; we spent hours fighting over who would be responsible for the content. We drew straws, played rock paper scissors, even thumb wrestled for the honor. It turns out our interns have some strong thumbs (not to mention opinions). They also have the best opportunity to provide a “fly on the wall” look into the workings of Frause. Without further ado, we present Frause – through the eyes of our interns!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Diving Right into Frause and onto the Bus


I just started as a media relations intern at Frause. The climate here is fresh and fast paced. The bright lime green walls seem to keep everyone energized and in good spirits all day long. After just a few short hours, I already felt acclimated to the Frause way of life. I downloaded Google chat to message quick questions to other team members, I learned how to answer the phones (which is more complicated then it might sound) and I started to familiarize myself with the internal database.

I learned new things outside of the Frause doors as well. After living in Seattle for almost four years, I am ashamed to say I have never taken the metro bus system. It didn’t take me long after my initial interview last week to realize paying for parking three days a week was going to make a deep dent in my penny bank, so in order to make money rather than blow money this summer, I took the plunge into the world of eco-friendly public transportation.

After a nearly sleepless night and a stressful morning walk to the bus stop, I made it to my desk safe and on time my first day. And I even found my way back home (Okay, I had some trouble finding the right bus stop for the return trip).

With my first work day under my belt, I laugh at myself because I was more stressed about the transportation to and from Frause then I was about the internship itself. Now I’m just looking forward to furthering myself in the Frause culture and being a contributing member of the team. I also pray I become a better Seattleite who eventually becomes a seasoned pro at navigating the Downtown bus system.

-Amy Graham

No comments: