All of us at Frause were so excited about starting a blog; we spent hours fighting over who would be responsible for the content. We drew straws, played rock paper scissors, even thumb wrestled for the honor. It turns out our interns have some strong thumbs (not to mention opinions). They also have the best opportunity to provide a “fly on the wall” look into the workings of Frause. Without further ado, we present Frause – through the eyes of our interns!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

My final entry concluding an inspirational summer as the Seattle intern

What I’ve learned at Frause goes far beyond public relations skills and techniques; and it soars beyond everything that I expected to learn as I headed to Seattle for the summer. Looking back, I realize that I had no idea what to expect. I imagined returning home with an ability to write press releases and create media lists in my sleep, but I never thought that I would have such an appreciation for this experience as I do now, after interning at Frause.

Most important are the professional principles that Frause has instilled in me. I’ve learned a few things here that are more useful to me than any tricks of the trade could be, and I will take this knowledge with me no matter where my career leads.

I have had a glimpse into Bob’s mission to provide a workplace where employees are inspired to be proficient business people before being communicators. This entrepreneurial spirit identifies itself in more ways than just securing new business. On Monday, he explained something that was simple, yet provided so much insight into the company’s philosophy. When discussing the finances of Frause, which are openly shared every Monday morning during team meetings, Bob described his excitement in the company’s success. “It’s not about the money,” he said. “It’s about the team—it’s like going to the World Series. Our team doesn’t play for the money and fame—we play for the game of getting to the Series together."

This notion is driven home in every aspect of the company. Because to Frause, this is the important stuff; success comes when both the clients' and employees' needs are met. Another admirable company goal (which will set the bar high for my future job satisfaction) is for employees to remember Frause as being the best place they have ever worked. This is a critical piece to putting together the Frause puzzle; the company's impressive accomplishments come from a talented and devoted set of team members. I will remember this wherever I work: team chemistry is critical for success.

So, thank you Frause for allowing me to take away experiences and knowledge far more useful than just the basics of PR. The professional insights I have acquired this summer will be applicable to any career path in my future, and that is the most valuable benefit of interning with Frause. -Maia

1 comment:

Frause said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.