All of us at Frause were so excited about starting a blog; we spent hours fighting over who would be responsible for the content. We drew straws, played rock paper scissors, even thumb wrestled for the honor. It turns out our interns have some strong thumbs (not to mention opinions). They also have the best opportunity to provide a “fly on the wall” look into the workings of Frause. Without further ado, we present Frause – through the eyes of our interns!

Monday, July 21, 2008

I am away from my desk right now...

While I do spend my fair share of time deeply immersed in Excel spreadsheets, I have to agree with Dana that there are perks to interning at Frause that I can’t imagine experiencing anywhere else.

The first perk I encountered after being here for only a week was “iPod Fridays.” As the work day comes to a close an hour early, the wine glasses begin to dance off their shelves to our living room where we pop open the bottles and celebrate the weekend’s arrival.

The client events that I have been lucky enough to attend are also notable. Whether it’s a launch of the latest Starbucks product, or a remarkable trip to Carnation, WA, I have had experiences in a couple of months that you just don’t get at most jobs. A few weeks ago I was invited to tour Carnation Farm, located about 40 minutes northeast of Seattle; the farm was recently purchased by Camp Korey, the newest Hole in the Wall camp. From outstanding views to warm Nestle chocolate chip cookies, our morning at the farm was like a mini-vacation that ended too early.

Photo by Nathan Hambley

Although a media dinner was admittedly one thing that I may have dreamed of attending while interning at Frause, I never thought I actually would. Well, lo and behold I was invited to attend the Oceanaire Seafood Room’s salmon media dinner, and it was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. With three different kinds of fresh northwest salmon, good wine and great company, the evening was a blast—I’m looking forward to the next one!

I can’t forget to mention the afternoon in June when we all left work at noon to enjoy Mexican and margaritas for lunch, followed by a trip to Belltown to see "Sex and the City."

We spend an exorbitant amount of time tackling projects together, but what’s great about Frause is their recognition of the fact that as creative people, we need to get out and enjoy each other away from the bounds of the office. Team work can be done while having fun too. So, cheers to the weekend—I’m off to an oyster shucking demo at the Oceanaire!
-Maia

No comments: