All of us at Frause were so excited about starting a blog; we spent hours fighting over who would be responsible for the content. We drew straws, played rock paper scissors, even thumb wrestled for the honor. It turns out our interns have some strong thumbs (not to mention opinions). They also have the best opportunity to provide a “fly on the wall” look into the workings of Frause. Without further ado, we present Frause – through the eyes of our interns!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Anchors Away!

After the culmination of my college career, I’m honored and excited to be working for Frause. Little did I know the office had been without an intern for three weeks! Nathan Hambley, account supervisor, compares the absence to a ship without bearing. I’m sure happy to be of help and keep the team afloat!

Senior year was a blast but I have to admit, I couldn’t wait to get back to the Emerald City. During my college career at the University of Oregon, I took advantage of every opportunity at the School of Journalism through involvement in Allen Hall Public Relations, DuckU News and the Public Relations Student Society of America. As a PRSSA member, the practice of ethical behavior is of utmost importance and it is a privilege to work alongside Bob Frause, the chairman of the PRSA Board of Ethics and Professional Standards.

It is important to be well-rounded in the field of public relations and to understand all forms of media. Blogs are a medium that continues to evolve in the public relations field, providing companies an opportunity to show transparency and quickly communicate. They also serve as outlets for personal expression and ways to exchange new ideas. I, too, have a blog, Consuming PR, where I write about fashion and consumer brands.

With that, I’m pleased to have the opportunity to contribute to the Frause blog!

-Sarah Essary

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Welcome to the team, Sarah!

Cheers,
~JF

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

I just found out about your blog here from your Consuming PR blog, and I just subscribed. I look forward to reading about your day-to-day activities and reflections. Enjoy this new chapter of your life!

Tiffany

THE FRAUSE BLOG said...

Jennifer,

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Sarah

THE FRAUSE BLOG said...

Tiffany,

I'm so excited that you have subscribed to the Frause Blog! We will be posting every week.

Sarah

Allie said...

So excited to see you blog. Can't wait to read more! I'm subscribing too.